The principles for our party in Grafton County come from our Republican Oath as specified by the Republican National Committee, as well as the Party Platform as specified by the New Hampshire Republican Party.
The Republican Oath
- We believe that the proper function of government is to do for the people those things that have to be done but cannot be done, or cannot be done as well by individuals, and that the most effective government is government closest to the people.
- We believe that good government is based on the individual and that each person's ability, dignity, freedom and responsibility must be honored and recognized.
- We believe that free enterprise and the encouragement of individual initiative and incentive have given this nation an economic system second to none.
- We believe that sound money policy should be our goal.
- We believe in equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, age, sex or national origin. I believe that persons with disabilities should be afforded equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity as well.
- We believe we must retain those principles worth retaining, yet always be receptive to new ideas with an outlook broad enough to accommodate thoughtful change and varying points of view.
- We believe that Americans value and should preserve their feeling of national strength and pride, and at the same time share with people everywhere a desire for peace and freedom and the extension of human rights throughout the world.
- Finally, We believe that the Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating these ideals into positive and successful principles of government.
More: Current NHGOP Platform